Today, world-renowned boxing trainer, Joe Gallagher, has unveiled his plans to launch The Joe Gallagher Academy at the start of the 2018/19 academic year.
Manchester-born Joe Gallagher’s stable of boxers cover the North West, and include household names such as fellow Mancunian Anthony Crolla and Tasha Jonas, who also attended the press conference to announce that The Factory Youth Zone’s training facilities will serve as one of the main venues for his Academy.
The Joe Gallagher Academy will be run alongside Learning Point from The Factory Youth Zone and the Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre in Wythenshawe. The Academy will target 16-19 year old male and females who want to pursue a career in Sports Development or Coaching.
During the official announcement at The Factory, Gallagher revealed that the Academy will be so much more than boxing training. Students will also take part in a full-time education as an alternative to school or college as they work towards achieving BTEC qualifications. Gallagher is also excited to change the lives of young people in Manchester through sport and education, and wants to develop role models for generations to come.
What will be studied on the course?
- Sports psychology
- Sports development and coaching
- Practical sport
- How the body works
- Analysing performance
- Strength and conditioning
- Issues in sport
Special features of the Academy:
- Warm Weather Training in Costa Del Sol
- Regular Masterclasses from Joe Gallagher and his stable of professional boxers
- Attend professional boxing shows as representatives of The Joe Gallagher Academy
- Work experience and employment opportunities in sport
- Daily Boxing and fitness sessions with the coach
To find out more about The Joe Gallagher Acadamy and to sign up for the course, please visit his website.