need to talk - parents and carers click here

If you have a concern for the wellbeing of a young person at Manchester Youth Zone, please complete the Cause for Concern Form on this page. All concerns will be dealt with confidentially by our Safeguarding Officer, who may need to get in touch with you to discuss the concern.

If your concern is an emergency or if you need other support, there are some helpful contacts with other organisations below:

Greater Manchester Police

Emergency Services

If you or a young person are in an emergency, call 999 immediately.

Call 101 for the Police if it is not an emergency. 

Early Help Manchester

Early Help

Wide ranging support for families in need (youth provision, housing support, support with benefits/debt, education, drug & alcohol services, etc.) 
Families are able to call and request support.

North Manchester: 0161 234 1973
Central Manchester: 0161 234 1975
South Manchester: 0161 234 1977

Manchester City Council

Contact Centre for Children, Families & Adult Social Care

If you have concern for the wellbeing of a child or vulnerable adult. This service is open 24 hours a day, with a duty team working between 4:30pm and 9:00am to answer urgent calls

Call: 0161 234 5001


Self Help

Self Help Services

Self Help provide a range of support, services and opportunities, across the North West of England, for people living with mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, phobias and panic attacks.

Call: 0161 226 3871

Family Action

National Parent Support Service

Free FamilyLine Service offers guidance and support for all parenting issues.

Open weekdays 6pm-10pm and weekends 10am-1pm

Call: 0808 802 0222
Text: 07537 404 282